CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sabbat Remasters



I was introduced to Sabbat as a teen when my friend gave me an old cassette of their debut, "History of a Time To Come", from a collection of tapes his father had. At that point in my life, I thought nothing could sound more evil than this band, and played this poor old cassette until it was no longer serviceable. In the times since, I have hunted down original issues of the three compact discs this band produced during their short life span, and bought the remasters for the first two albums - the only ones of any real importance - when they came out. My first impression is still holds true for the most part, and even though I have heard things much more evil than this band since, I still think there is no finer Thrash band to come from Britain thus far, and that this group inspired an entire scene of Occult and Pagan metal, ranging from Black Metal to Death Metal. Take these two albums for a spin yourself, and be the judge.
History Of A Time To Come - 1988
Dreamweaver (Reflections of Our Yesterdays) - 1989

0 comments: