CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Before The Dawn







I like to think of this band as a happy marriage between ethereal Euro Pop Rock like Poets of the Fall with Melodic Death Metal such as Dark Tranquility, into something maybe not as distinct as either, but a good harmonious balance nonetheless and a damned good listen. Just a caveat: The first two albums have entirely different personnel than the rest, because the band leader/vocalist/guitarist fired them all for lack of work ethic, or so he says. Either way, everything from "The Ghost" and onward is slightly heavier, sharper, and less atmospheric, but catchier and more immediate. Fans of bands mentioned above, plus bands like In Flames, Soilwork, Arch Enemy Mercenary, Raunchy, and maybe even Sentenced should like this at least to a degree. I haven't posted anything in a while, so I figured I'd dump all of this on you people at once to make up for it, which is all fine and well since it will hopefully get the band the kind of recognition they truly deserve. I for one would like to see more of this in America, so we need to support them with awareness and petition for them and bands like them to bring their shows in our direction. Hell, even grab a t-Shirt if you can... as you can see, they have this cool minimalist/Art Deco thing going on with their album art and logo.
My Darkness - 2003
4:17 - 2004
The Ghost - 2006
Deadlight (Limited Edition) - 2007
Deadsong (Single) - 2007
Soundscape of Silence - 2008

2 comments:

Golder said...

I have a hard time with BTD and the only one I can listen to is Soundscape of Silence

Zealot Crusader said...

As in have a hard time downloading them or have a hard time enjoying them? If the mp3s are corrupt, I can fix that. Otherwise, if you meant the latter of the two, it's cool. They aren't my favorite band, but at the time I posted the stuff, I was on a "kick" with them, you might say. :)